Takeaway from Golf
We are not talking about food here
but emotional growth and maturation.
As we get older, we are supposed to become wiser. And in looking around the clubroom or on the tees waiting for the previous group, this assumption may not be proven.
It is not obvious but it happens slowly and surely.
What can we gain in strength of character?
- patience (from waiting for the group ahead)
- persistence (from going from one swing guru to the next)
- forbearance (from listening to nonsense from fellow golfers)
- resilience (from being disappointed by the last round but still playing)
- sociability (from talking along the fairway)
- tolerance (from more listening to nonsense)
- appreciation of beauty (from looking around the course)